The College of Medicine Cell Analysis Facility (COM-CAF) at the Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) provides cell analysis and cell sorting services for research in the TAMHSC and TAMU community and is managed by the Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology.
The mission of the COM-CAF is
- To promote research and training for cell-based assays at the highest level of quality and rigor
- To bring new developments in flow cytometric instrumentation, technique and analysis for preclinical use in the TAMHSC and TAMU research community
- To support the productivity and effectiveness of research by promoting high-content data acquisition, ensuring the highest data quality and consistency, carrying out efficient cell sorting, providing reliable data management, educating and training researchers and consulting in experiment design and evaluation.
Major applications of flow cytometry include:
- Multi-parametric and high-resolution, phenotypic and functional characterization of immune and non-immune cells on a per cell basis.
- Cellular proliferation
- Stem, immune, and non-immune cell sorting to high-purity and viability.