We are is looking for a highly motivated candidate to be involved in a cross-collaborative research project investigating the role of inflammation in promoting tumor-lymphatic interactions and enhancing lymph node metastasis in solid tumors. The project will involve delineating inflammatory mechanisms that promote tumor growth and delineate alterations in the tumor microenvironment that promote distant metastasis.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Required Qualifications – Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Appropriate Doctoral Degree
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others and perform all job responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines.
- Provide a safe environment that fosters respect, inclusion and equality of all faculty, staff, students and visitors.
Preferred Qualification – Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related Life Science discipline
- Two-years of experience in a research lab environment
- Molecular biology skills and experience with mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in cancer biology and basic cancer signaling pathways
- Basic molecular biology techniques and prior experience with animal models.
- Experience with tumor xenografts, transgenic mice and confocal imaging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong publication record.
- Personal or professional experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Conducts research investigating the role of inflammatory tumor microenvironment in lymph node metastasis
- Perform cellular, biochemical and mammalian tissue culture techniques, , including real-time PCR, Westerns, flow cytometry, 3D co-culture assays, and immunofluorescence, work with rodent tumor models, and confocal imaging
- Experiments will be performed in BSL2 research environment and involve research on human and mouse cell lines and laboratory mice
- Analyze data, prepares statistical analyses and summarizes data for use in submission to journals and other scientific publications
- Performs computer data entry and diligent record keeping
- Maintain and organize records readily followed by others
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory activities
- Perform maintenance of laboratory equipment and general cleaning of equipment and laboratory
- Prepare orders for laboratory supplies, maintain project schedules for day-to-day lab activities, schedule lab meetings
- Assist in preparation of research data for oral and poster presentations, manuscripts and grant submissions to state and federal funding agencies
- Present research data at national and international meetings. Submit and publish manuscripts.
- Assist in training of technical laboratory staff and supervision of Graduate and undergraduate students. Schedule lab-specific training
To apply, please visit https://www.tamhsc.edu/jobs/ and search for job R-030488.
For further information, you can contact Dr. Sanjukta Chakraborty (email@example.com)
Applications must be done via the on-line recruitment system.