I graduated with a PhD in Chemistry in 2001 from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. My PhD work involved in development of chromatographic methods for separating enantiomers and racemic mixtures. Subsequently, I have had postdoctoral experience in multidisciplinary settings such as Toxicology, supramolecular chemistry, where I had applied my analytical and chemistry skills. My current research includes development of responsive delivery systems, novel synthesis of functional polymers and modifying existing polymers for diagnostics and delivery. I was Research Scientist during February 2015-August 2020 and promoted to Assistant Professor Research, effective September 1, 2020.
- Systemic anti-inflammatory therapy aided by double-headed nanoparticles in a canine model of acute intraocular inflammation. Ganugula R, Arora M, Lepiz MA, Niu Y, Mallick BK, Pflugfelder SC, Scott EM, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb7878, 2020.
- Novel Oral Nanoparticle Formulation of Sustained Release Naloxone with Mild Withdrawal Symptoms in Mice. Madison CA, Arora M, Kumar MNVR, Eitan S. ACS Chem Neurosci. 11: 1955-1964, 2020.
- A highly potent lymphatic system–targeting nanoparticle cyclosporine prevents glomerulonephritis in mouse model of lupus. Ganugula R, Arora M, Zou D, Agarwal SK, Mohan C, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb3900, 2020. This article is highlighted in Nature Reviews Rheumatology
- Curcumin can decrease tissue inflammation and the severity of HSV-2 infection in the female reproductive mucosa. Vitali D, Bagri P, Wessels JM, Arora M, Ganugula R, Parikh A, Mandur T, Felker A, Garg S, Kumar MNVR, Kaushic C. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 21, 337, 2020.
- D. Zou#, R. Ganugula#, M. Arora#, M. B. Nabity, D. Sheikh-Hamad and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Oral delivery of nanoparticle urolithin A normalizes cellular stress and improves survival in mouse model of cisplatin-induced AKI. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, 317, F1255-F1264, 2019 [#equal contributing authors] (Selected for APS Select award)
- G. Kaur#, M. Arora#, R. Ganugula#, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Double-headed nanosystems for oral drug delivery. Chem Comm. 2019 55(33) 4761-4764. doi: 10.1039/c8cc10021g (Cover Article, back cover) [#equal contributing authors]
- R. Ganugula, M. Deng, M. Arora, H.L. Pan, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Polyester nanoparticle encapsulation mitigates paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy. ACS Chem Neurosci. 10: 1801-1812, 2019 (Cover Article)
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Ex vivo rat eye model for investigating transport of next generation precision-polyester nanosystems. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9: 25668-25671, 2017
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, P. Jaisamut, R. Wiwattanapatapee, H. G. Jørgensen, V. P. Venkatpurwar, B. Zhou, A. R. Hoffmann, S. Guo, and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar Nano-curcumin safely prevents streptozotocin-induced inflammation and apoptosis in pancreatic ß-cells for effective management of type 1 diabetes mellitus Br. J. Pharmacol. 174: 2074-2084, 2017
- R. Ganugula#, M. Arora#, P. Saini#, M. Guada, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Next generation precision-polyesters enabling optimization of ligand-receptor stoichiometry for modular drug delivery. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 139: 7203-7216, 2017 (Cover article). [#equal contributing authors]
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, M. Guada, P. Saini and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Non-competitive active transport exploiting intestinal transferrin receptors for oral delivery of proteins by tunable nano-platform. ACS Macro Lett. 6: 161-164, 2017 (Cover article).
- P. Saini, R. Ganugula, M. Arora, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. The next generation non-competitive active polyester nanosystems for transferrin receptor-mediated peroral transport utilizing gambogic acid as a ligand. Sci. Rep. 6, 29501 (doi: 10.1038/srep29501) 2016.
- P. Saini#, M. Arora#, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Poly(lactic acid) blends in biomedical applications Adv. Drug Del. Rev. 107: 47-59, 2016. [#equal contributing authors]