I graduated with a PhD in Chemistry in 2001 from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. My PhD work involved in development of chromatographic methods for separating enantiomers and racemic mixtures. Subsequently, I have had postdoctoral experience in multidisciplinary settings such as Toxicology, supramolecular chemistry, where I had applied my analytical and chemistry skills. My current research includes development of responsive delivery systems, novel synthesis of functional polymers and modifying existing polymers for diagnostics and delivery.
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Ex vivo rat eye model for investigating transport of next generation precision-polyester nanosystems. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9: 25668-25671, 2017
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, P. Jaisamut, R. Wiwattanapatapee, H. G. Jørgensen, V. P. Venkatpurwar, B. Zhou, A. R. Hoffmann, S. Guo, and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar Nano-curcumin safely prevents streptozotocin-induced inflammation and apoptosis in pancreatic ß-cells for effective management of type 1 diabetes mellitus Br. J. Pharmacol. 174: 2074-2084, 2017
- R. Ganugula#, M. Arora#, P. Saini#, M. Guada, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Next generation precision-polyesters enabling optimization of ligand-receptor stoichiometry for modular drug delivery. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 139: 7203-7216, 2017 (Cover article). [#equal contributing authors]
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, M. Guada, P. Saini and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Non-competitive active transport exploiting intestinal transferrin receptors for oral delivery of proteins by tunable nano-platform. ACS Macro Lett. 6: 161-164, 2017 (Cover article).
- P. Saini, R. Ganugula, M. Arora, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. The next generation non-competitive active polyester nanosystems for transferrin receptor-mediated peroral transport utilizing gambogic acid as a ligand. Sci. Rep. 6, 29501 (doi: 10.1038/srep29501) 2016.
- P. Saini, M. Arora, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Poly(lactic acid) blends in biomedical applications Adv. Drug Del. Rev. 107: 47-59, 2016. [#equal contributing authors]