I am an innovative and creative thinker with a broad background in translational medicine. I have over 12 years professional experience in multidisciplinary research with over 20 peer-reviewed research publications and five patents pending. My overall expertise includes in vitro and in vivo pharmacology testing of novel bioactives and dosage forms. I have developed various biochemical and cell-based functional assays. I have used various in vivo models to further test the efficacy of the bioactives or their dosage forms, e.g., obesity, diabetes, retinopathy, nephropathy, cataract, cancer. I graduated with a PhD in Biotechnology from Acharya Nagarjuna University (India) in 2011 and had four years postdoctoral research experience (NIN, Hyderabad, India) prior joining Majeti-lab in 2014. I am Assistant Research Scientist since June 2017.
- M. Guada#, R. Ganugula#, M. V. Vadhanam, and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar Urolithin A mitigates cisplatin- induced nephrotoxicity by inhibiting renal inflammation and apoptosis in an experimental rat model. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 363: 58-65, 2017 (Cover article) [#equal contributing authors)
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Ex vivo rat eye model for investigating transport of next generation precision-polyester nanosystems. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9: 25668-25671, 2017
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, P. Jaisamut, R. Wiwattanapatapee, H. G. Jørgensen, V. P. Venkatpurwar, B. Zhou, A. R. Hoffmann, S. Guo, and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar Nano-curcumin safely prevents streptozotocin-induced inflammation and apoptosis in pancreatic ß-cells for effective management of type 1 diabetes mellitus Br. J. Pharmacol. 174: 2074-2084, 2017
- R. Ganugula#, M. Arora#, P. Saini#, M. Guada, and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Next generation precision-polyesters enabling optimization of ligand-receptor stoichiometry for modular drug delivery. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 139: 7203-7216, 2017 (Cover article). [#equal contributing authors)
- R. Ganugula, M. Arora, M. Guada, P. Saini and M. N.V. Ravi Kumar. Non-competitive active transport exploiting intestinal transferrin receptors for oral delivery of proteins by tunable nano-platform. ACS Macro Lett. 6: 161-164, 2017 (Cover article).
- P. Saini#, R. Ganugula#, M. Arora, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. The next generation non-competitive active polyester nanosystems for transferrin receptor-mediated peroral transport utilizing gambogic acid as a ligand. Sci. Rep. 6, 29501 (doi: 10.1038/srep29501) 2016. [#equal contributing authors)