I have completed my PhD in Biotechnology from Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, (CIFT, ICAR), Visakhapatnam, India. During which I have focused on characterization of protease activity allied to tropical shrimp head waste for industrial applications. During my first postdoctoral tenure at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderbad, India, I have evaluated the antidiabetic potential of various bioactives in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo. Currently, I am involved in testing of transport mechanisms of targeted nanosystems in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo and application in various pathologies.
1) P. Saini#, R. Ganugula#, M. Arora, M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. The next generation non-competitive active polyester nanosystems for transferrin receptor-mediated peroral transport utilizing gambogic acid as a ligand. Sci. Rep. 6, 29501 (doi: 10.1038/srep29501) 2016.[#Equal contribution]
1) R. Ganugula, P. Saini, M. Arora and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. The next generation active delivery strategies exploring non-competitive ligands to the receptor. Controlled Release Society, Seattle, July 17-21, 2016. (Selected for Research Highlights presentation)
2) M. Arora, R. Ganugula, P. Saini and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. Surface tunable PLGA nanosystems for improving receptor mediated peroral drug delivery. Controlled Release Society, Seattle, July 17-21, 2016.
3) P. Saini, R. Ganugula, M. Arora and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. A plug-and-play approach to receptor mediated peroral drug delivery aided by precision polymers. Controlled Release Society, Seattle, July 17-21, 2016.
4) G. Raghu, M. Arora, P. Jaisamut, P. Saini, M.N.V. Ravi Kumar. Orally bioavailable curcumin nanosystems (nCUR) prevent pancreatic islets/beta cells from cellular stress induced inflammation and apoptosis in in vitro and in vivo models of type 1 diabetes. American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, San Diego, April 2-6, 2016.
5) P. Saini, G. Raghu, S. Harshad, M.N.V. Ravi Kumar. Nanosystems mimicking physiological secretion of insulin for better glucose metabolism and regulation. Materials Research Society, Boston, USA, November 29-December 4, 2015.
6) P. Saini, G. Raghu, S. Harshad, M.N.V. Ravi Kumar. Novel precision polymer nanosystems (P2Ns) for receptor mediated peroral drug delivery. Materials Research Society, Boston, USA, November 29-December 4, 2015.